Our History

2019

Blake Aaron joined the agency as our newest agent. He has a background in the insurance industry and is licensed in both property/casualty and life/health. Blake is looking forward to helping both our current and new customers with all of their insurance needs.

2015

In 2015 McKinney & Blair Insurance moved their Jamestown office to 1640 N Main St. located conveniently on HWY 127 in Jamestown. The new location now allows us much more space to welcome our customers.

2012

McKinney & Blair Insurance becomes a fourth generation agency. Stephen Blair Hill joined the agency in 2012, after graduating from the University of Kentucky with a degree in Business Management and Finance. A fresh new face to continue the tradition of friendly service and professional insurance products at McKinney & Blair Insurance.

2012

In 2012 McKinney & Blair Insurance celebrated 100 years of business. We appreciate the many years of support from all of our customers and look forward to many years of future service to the community.

2008

The branch office was relocated in 2008 to a newer and larger space previously occupied by the Bank of Jamestown. Located at the intersection of East 80 and HWY 910.

1982

In 1982 a second location was opened to further serve the growing insurance needs of Russell County. Located off East 80 in Russell Springs, the branch office provided an added convenience to our customers all across Russell County.

1976

Mike and Sharon moved their business from the Jamestown Square in 1976 when they built a new office behind the Russell County Library.

1974

McKinney & Blair Insurance became a third generation agency in 1974 when Mike Hill & Sharon Blair Hill purchased the business from Richard Blair.

1936

In 1936 Richard Blair son-in-law to Mr. McKinney, joined the agency. Both continued to serve the community's insurance needs under the present name McKinney & Blair Insurance.

1912

McKinney & Blair Insurance was founded in Jamestown, KY in 1912. Founding owner Walter McKinney opened the first location right on Jamestown square.

 

 

history1.jpg